Want to experience tropical life with a French vibe? Visit Guadeloupe! Located in the Caribbean, Guadeloupe forms a part of the French Overseas Island. Designated as Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO, it is made of two islands - Grande-Terre and Basse-Terre – which are joined by short bridges and a mangrove swamp. Guadeloupe is called the place of beautiful rainforests and beautiful waters. From deserted beaches, mountainous rainforests to cultural places, you will find everything here during your charter vacation. Here are the top attractions, top places and top things to do in Guadeloupe.
Top attractions in Guadeloupe
- Mémorial ACTe: Housed in a silver-lattice work structure, this museum is dedicated to slavery and slave stages in the Caribbean.
- Maison du Cacao: Discover the history of cocoa and get to taste varieties of chocolate during your visit to this museum.
- Zoo de Guadeloupe: This is a 4-acre tropical land featuring several animal species from the Caribbean and Guyana. Located in the heart of Basse-Terre massif, this zoo welcomes you to discover wild flora and fauna.
- Réserve Cousteau: Visit this protected marine area, which is located in Bouillante. Explore its’under water coral reef, sponges, turtles, crayfish, seahorses and eels.
- Grande Anse: This is one of the most popular beaches of Guadeloupe. With its golden sand and coconut palms, enjoy Guadeloupe’s longest stretch of beach and breathtaking views.
- Grand Cul-de-Sac Marin: It is declared as a World Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO as it features diverse marine life such as turtles, corals, starfish, coastal mangroves and even wrecks.
- Baie de Pompierre: This horseshoe-shaped beach is located in Terre-de-Haut and protected by the reef. The beach has plenty of facilities like showers, bathrooms and wooden picnic tables.
- La Soufrière: It is an active strato-volcano located in Basse-Terre. It is the highest mountain in the Lesser Antilles.
- Cascade aux Ecrevisses: This is an idyllic jungle waterfall that drops into a riverside pool which makes it a popular swimming spot for tourists.
Best Beaches, Hotels and Restaurants
Guadeloupe is an archipelago of 5 islands including Basse-Terre, Grande-Terre, Marie-Galante, Les Saintes and La Desirade. You will find numerous beaches that are picture-perfect and Instagram worthy.
- Grande-Anse Beach: This beach in Basse-Terre has everything that you want on a perfect beach day – coconut palm trees, beach shacks, pristine waters, golden sand and amazing weather.
- Datcha Beach, Gosier: This beach is located in Grand-Terre. It boasts a lighthouse and a couple ofbeach shacks offering windsurfing and kayaking facilities.
- Plage de la Perle, Basse-Terre: This beach has a protected coral reef and offers amazing snorkeling and diving experience.
- Plage Malendure, Basse-Terre: This stunning beach boasts volcanic black sand. It also has incredible coral reefs where you can explore marine life.
- BoisJolan Beach, Saint Anne: Thisfamily-friendly beach has shallow waters and numerous restaurants. Enjoy a day full of sun, sand and delicious dishes.
- Other Top Beaches: Petite Anse du Pain de Sucre, Terre-de-Haut, Iles des Saintes, Bouillante, Le Moule, La Desirad, Sante Rose, Port-Louis, Anse Bertand, Vieux Fort, Saint-Louis, More-A-l'Eau, Goyave, Terre-de-bas-Island, Rifflet and Pointe-Noire among others.
Hotels: From the picturesque coastline, all-inclusive retreat to primo beach access, you will find luxurious hotels in Guadeloupe. Some of the best hotels where you can enjoy your stay include Club Med Caravelle, La Toubana Hotel and Spa, La Creole Beach Hotel and Spa, La Relais du Moulin, Auberge de la Vieille, Langley Resort Fort Royal, BWA Chik Hotel and Golf, Mahogany Hotel Residence and Spa, Hotel Eden Palm, La Cocoteraieand Residence La Plantation & Spa just to name a few.
Restaurants: Guadeloupe has a rich culinary heritage and over 200 restaurants. This premier dining destination is going to provide you unique gourmet experience. Some of the top restaurants are La Rhumerie du Pirate, AnChodyè La, Restaurant Evelyne, Le Marche des Iles - Chez Sylvie, La Touna Restaurant, Fairouz Restaurant, Orchidea Restaurant, Jardin Botanique Restaurant, Auberge de la Vieille Tour, TiKaz la, Le Rivage, Le Reflet de l’Île, L’Amer, Colombo, Iguane Cafe and Au Bon Vivre, among others.
Top Things to do in Guadeloupe
- Diving and Snorkeling: Guadeloupe is a paradise for water enthusiasts. Fort Napoleon on Terre-de-Haut, Cousteau Underwater Reserve, Les Saintes, Marie-Galante, La Désirade, La Pointe et La Patate Cabrit, The Plane (L'Avion), Le Banc des Vaisseaux, The Coral Garden, Le Sec Pâté (the Paté Pinnacle), The Arches and Petite Terre are some of the finest areas where you can explore the underwater.
- Swimming and Sunbathing: Guadeloupe is an intriguing Caribbean Island with French vibes. You can easily explore all the islands of Guadeloupe on a private charter. Most of the beaches are beautiful and not-so-crowded. You can easily find a space for relaxation and enjoy your alone time on the sand under the sun. For swimming, you can visit Grande-Anse Beach, Bois Jolan Beach, Datcha Beach, Plage Anse Petite Riviere, Vieux Fort Beach, Petite Anse du Pain de Sucre and Toubana Beach Party.
- Hiking and Adventure: Guadeloupe offers hundreds of hiking trails for people of all levels. From mountains, lush forests, zoos, to volcano peaks, Guadeloupe has it all. Hike the La Pointe des Châteaux in Grande Terre to discover the stunning rocky protrusions and lovely sandy beaches. Hike up the three smaller islands of La Désirade, Petite. You can take a memorable tour of Pointe-à-Pitre. Hike your way through the trails of Parc Zoologique et Botanique de la Guadeloupe.
- Other Activities: Chocolate, rum and coffee tasting, sunset watching, fishing, sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, kiteboarding and more.
Guadeloupe is the ideal destination that has a mix of everything. You can sunbathe, relax, explore off-the-beaten-path, hike up to the mountain peaks, partake in adventurous activities and eat French cuisines. At Yacht Puerto Rico Charters, we provide yacht charters to travellers who are looking to extend their Puerto Rico trip and visit Guadeloupe. All our yachts are crewed charters and are equipped with modern amenities like spacious accommodation, water toys, wide range of bars and food prepared from your own personal chef. If you are looking to make unforgettable memories in Guadeloupe, then book your private charter today. Contact our charter specialist to discuss your needs.